Companies ( Miscellaneous ) Rules 2014, notified on 31 march 2014 and came into force 1st April 2014.
in simple word Dormant company means Inactive company , means which is an inactive company in the record of Register of companies (ROC) which is not carried out any business activities as of now but intention to work on near future , For this he need to status of dormant company from Roc .
WHO CAN BE INACTIVE COMPANY ?
- Both New and Existing company can be inactive company
- Who has not Fulfill compliance last two years
- Not done any Significance accounting transaction
- Nither file AOC-4 nor MGT-7 last two years.
NOTE : During inactive status if do significance accounting transaction by mistake then The status of inactive can be withdrawn and granted active status .
WHAT IS SIGNIFICANCE ACCOUNTING TRANSACTION ?
- Payment for maintaining office and records
- Fees to Roc ( if DIR-12 Filled)
- Payment for compliance to professionals
- Allotment of shares to its subscribers
Note : if dormant company violated the provision of section 455 of companies act 2013 …. . ROC convert the company inactive to Active
HOW DORMANT STATUS CAN BE AVAILED
- Apply by company suomoto : in MSC-1 along with prescribe fees under companies (registration office and fees) rules 2014 apply to ROC
- ROC self : ROC also give status of dormant company if AOC-4 and MGT-7 not filled within time limit last two years.
NOTE : AOC-4 for Annul accounts file within 30days from the date Annual general meeting
MGT-7 for Annual Returns file within 60days from the date of Annual general meeting
EXEMPTION TO DORMANT COMPANY
- only two board meeting can be conducted
- no require to cash flow statement
- Rotation of Auditors also not required
- low statutory compliance cost
- Enjoy dormant status for 5 years
COMPLIANCE BY DORMANT COMPANY
- Minimum director number to be maintained
- MSC-3 is required to file as returns
- Returns to ROC (casual returns)
- At least two board meeting is required to be conducted by dormant company as per section 173(5)
- one board meeting in each half of financial year
MSC1 : Application for demanding inactive status from ROC
MSC2 : ROC grant status of inactive / dormant to applicant company
MSC3 : Annual compliance for inactive company
MSC4 : company request to roc for active status
MSC5: ROC grant active status to company
MSC6: ROC strikeoff or delete the name of company from register of dormant companies.
for better understanding watch video
- Atam Nirbhar Bharat 20Lakh Crore Economy Package announce By FM Nirmala Sitharaman as on 13 may 2020
- Dormant company- Section455- company Act 2013
- ICSI JUNE 2020 EXAM POSTPONE
- Declare financial year 2019-2020 to end on 30/04/2020 instead of 31/03/2020
- MCA21 introduce new web form “SPICe+” for promote ease of doing busness.
# gst registration 13 may 2020 indian finance mimister announc 20m lakh crore econimy packege 20 lakh crore economy packege 20 lakh crore for atam nirbhar bharat 20 lakh crore for boost indian economy 20 lakh crore for boost indian local market 20 lakh crore for covid19 outbreak 20 lakh crore for MSME 20 lakh crore for nbfc 20 lakh crore indian local market to vocal market COMPANY SECRETARY EXAM COVID19 CS EXECUTIVE CS EXECUTIVE PROGRAMME CS FOUNDATION CS PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMME DIN( Director identification number will be alloted to all directors of the company dormant company EASE OF DOING BUSNESS ICSI ICSI EXAM POSTPONE investment JUNE2020 ICSI EXAM POSTPONE Mandatory get registered in ESIC mandatory issue of opening bank account name of the such company allotment of gst registration MCA MCA21 MSC1 MSC2 MSC3 MSC4 MSC5 MSC6 PMEPF contribution for boost indian economy 20 lakh crore section455 SPICe+ THE INSTITUTE OF COMPANY SECRETARY OF INDIA